Wednesday, May 09, 2007

If you ask me - Muluzi will not stand again

First of all let me point out that I don't believe in politicians especially Malawian politicians. I believe in their actions and not their speeches. I listen to them and watch them to see if they get to practice what they preach. I am also somebody who will rarely switch camps - it's either am active or inactive but within the same camp. For example, I am a Man U supporter come rain come sunshine. That's the way it is with all the things that I support.
Practically, the 2009 presidential campaign has unofficially started in Malawi. The political meetings by the UDF and DPP that we have seen in recent weeks testifies to this. The meetings have been dubbed party building meetings, development meetings etc.. But we all know the truth ;they smell more of campaign than anything else. And all this because people Dr. Bakili Muluzi the former president of Malawi will stand again as a UDF presidential candidate. With my unbelieving heart, I do not believe he will stand again. And you might ask me why.
This is what I believe ; Muluzi is shielding someone. Yes!!. Just like he did with President Dr Bingu Wa Mutharika. You would remember those days when rumours were rife as to who would succeed Muluzi. There were names from UDF that got public scrutiny for this position. Bingu's name was not on the list. And from nowhere Bingu's name came up. From the fluency of the campaign speeches by Muluzi, Bingu's name must have been with him all the time people were dissecting the apparent UDF candidates. Further, Muluzi's surprise ascendency to the presidency of Malawi leaves me to believe that Muluzi and his cohorts believe in surprise attack.
I believe the next presidential candidate will either come from Mulanje, Chiradzulu or Nkhotakota and not Machinga - the white ball has been hidden so that the government side does not see the black ball until it's the right time . The black ball has been hidden by the yellow balls.
I once told someone that UDF will have a surprise candidate in 2004 elections. It came to pass. I believe this will come to pass. Take or leave it!!.

No comments: